Bill's Cruise Through Life

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Nashville Cruise

Well obviously this is my first ever blog so I won't go into that. My Best friend Tony and I decided that since it had been so long since we have seen each other we should meet half way and spend the weekend together. Tony, who some of you may know from Bad Monkey No Banana, lives in Atlanta, GA, I live in Columbus, IN. Seperated by 500 miles. Needless to say we don't get together very often. He is busy with his career and family as I am with mine so it is difficult to find the time for our friendship. It is pretty amazing that we have remained friends for all of these years. There were times in our lives that we were seperated by far more than 500 miles. Tony spent eight years in the military and was shipped over seas and I was terrible about writing letters, but our friendship remains. A tribute to the both of us.

For years Tony and I have talked about going into business together and haven't been able to come up with the perfect plan. Well we think maybe we have come up with something that we both can agree upon. I am a nurse and I am the manager the surgery deparment in a small rural Indiana hospital and Tony is a manager with an international software company. A far cry from each other. But we both think that some type of service entity would be something we could do together, so we are investigating coffee shops as a possibility. So this trip to Nashville is basically two fold. We came here to spend some time together and to scope out coffee shops in the Nashville area.

It has been a very cool trip for me at least. When Tony and I would get together on that rare occasion, we would not talk to much about our past. We both had a tough childhood and we just didn't talk about to much. I look back and I think that was more of Tony's idea, he was really trying to move on because we had a great future ahead of us. Both of us have far exceeded anything that was expected of us growing up. Anyway, on this trip we have talked more about the happier times in our past than we had in of our previous encounters. It has really been an emotionally uplifting trip for me, and I think for Tony as well.

If you have been reading Tony's blog you know about his brother with cancer. This has really hit Tony hard(keep him in your prayers). I have never seen him as depressed as he has been over the past few months. I don't think he has ever felt so helpless in all his life. This in turn has made me feel like I wasn't holding up my end of the friendship. I haven't been able to help at all. So I too have felt very helpless. It is very difficult to sit by and watch someone go thru what he and his family are going thru. I believe this trip has been a God send for both of us.

Here it is the last day of the trip and we are sitting around talking and blogging and I feel very sad. It is always tough for me to leave not knowing when we'll get together again. Tony's friendship has been a blessing in my life and I would hate to think about what it would be like to not have him in my life. This time we are making plans for our next trip. He and I both are interested in Corvettes so our next trip will be to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home