Bill's Cruise Through Life

Monday, June 20, 2005

Aaron's Cruise

My son Aaron is in Fort Benning, GA going to JumpSchool. He had his first jump today. The jump itself was great. He can't wait to do it again. The landing on the other hand was a little rough. He sprained his ankle really bad and may have to stay another week. I miss that kid. I was really looking forward to him coming home Friday.

Aaron and I have always been very close. I feel very responsible for him being involved with ROTC. He wants to be alot like his father. I am in the Army reserves so he is following in my footsteps. He didn't want his mom and dad to have to pay for his college so he tried out for ROTC and won a three year full ride scholarship. That was a nice little windfall. Fortunately the college that he attends, Olivet Nazarene University accepts the scholarship and then covers the room and board that the scholarship doesn't cover. The kid is really blessed.

Speaking of being blessed, he one very devoted Christian. He puts most adults to shame when you compare his spititual life with that of most Christian. He not only lives it at home or at church but also in the Army and every where else he goes. A father could not be more proud of his son than his mother and I are of him. God has truly blessed us. If you have the time say a prayer for Aaron I know he'll appreciate it.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

As someone recovering from a broken ankle/foot, I can sympathize with Aaron's sprain!

Here's hoping and praying he is up and about SOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home