Bill's Cruise Through Life

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back to the Cruise

Well it has been a while since I posted anything here. Not that it really matters, noone ever reads it. There are times when I wish I could write well enough that others would want to read what came out of my mind. Other times I couldn't care less. Anyway the cruise continues on course. I assume it's on course, I haven't run into any road blocks lately.

I have been extremely busy these past few weeks, which is why I haven't been blogging. I have been on my new job now for just over 3 months and I have to admit I didn't think it would be this big of a challenge. I didn't go in with my eyes completely closed mind you. However, I didn't really expect things to be quuite the way they were. There have been many days when I wish I could renegotiate my contract. Then there are other days when I have so many people tell me that I am doing a good job that I think I really am making a difference.

I think most people want to feel as if they are making a difference some where. It's a good feeling to be able to think you are making a difference. People tell me often that things are so much better now that I am there. It really is an ego boost. And believe me right now I could use an ego boost. Several actually. I am actually begining to think it is worth it. I like every one I work with without exception. That is very unusual. I feel very blessed in that aspect. I have a couple of assistants that have been a God send to me. With out those two ladies life could have been a lot worse.

It is also very nice to be involved in a unit that is growing. Being the manager of one of the very few profit centers in a county hospital adds pressure to the position. The growth helps ease that pressure. In this day and age when you are being asked to do more with less it is nice to be able to do more with the same. At least I haven't had to cut any positions. That would really cause problems. So I guess I don't have anything to complain about. I really should feel better now.

Now that brings me to the close of the day. I hope this finds all of you well. Have a great time with your cruise.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Bonez said...

Glad to see you posting again, William. I miss seeing what comes out when you let yourself write down your thoughts and feelings. It can be a very good therapy, indeed. I am very proud of you for all that you've accomplished in your life. You are indeed a great man in many respects.

By the way, you have to post REGULARLY to build a readership. Also, you need to get listed on some search engines and give some links that will bring traffic to your blog. You have a log of good stuff to say that people will want to read.

Keep it up and make it a habit. You will look back and be glad you did. Besides, write for yourself (and for me)... it is still worth it.

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about waterski jump suit
. You can check it out at waterski jump suit
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog William. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of golf equipment las vegas and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on golf equipment las vegas. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home