Bill's Cruise Through Life

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Harley Cruise

Again it has been a really long time since my last post. I thought I might try it one more time. I just moved to Winchester, KY and it is just beautiful here. My friend Tony came up to visit and we took a couple of Harleys for a ride of about 250 through the mountains of Eastern KY. Man what a place to ride. I have lived here for two months but hadn't gotten out much. Every weekend I would return to Indiana where the rest of my family resides so I had gotten to ride around here much. So when Tony said he would come to visit I decided to stick around for a weekend. I am so glad I did. There is a lot to see here in KY. I understand why they call it the promise land. It is absolutely breath taking.

I have one grand child now and boy does that put things in a new prospective. I really didn't want to be a grandpa but that little girl has been such a blessing that I can't believe that I didn't want to be a grandfather. It really wasn't that I didn't want to have grand children I just didn't want the stigma that goes along with it. "Grandpa" yuck. She calls be Paw Paw so I guess that's ok. Any way she is so precious that you wouldn't belive it. Now, I have two more grandchildren on the way. I am not sure that my back can take being wrapped around the little finger of three beautigul grand-daughters. WOW!!!!!

As you can tell I am having flight of ideas here tonight. I am sitting here watching the most famous of all biker movies, "Easy Rider". I never realized that I hadn't seen the whole movie before. There are lots of parts that I don't remember. But what I do remember is that they traveled acrossed the country free as birds. They are doing what I hope to be doing next year and that is riding cross country. I just hope it doesn't end up the same for us. Tony and I are planning a west coast ride next summer. This summer is a shorter ride just to the Georgia coast and maybe a ride later in the year down to Florida Keys. Stepping stones for the big ride. The longest ride I have ever taken was around 700 miles one way. We plan on doing around 2400 in two weeks next year. I can hardly wait.

Well it is getting late here in KY so I really must head off to bed. So if you happen to read this I hope to add to it in a couple of months to talk about the trip to Georgia. So until then keep it between the lines and shinny side up.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are Unusual owl gifts to take to a you are Picasso or not, do not concern just about it.
There are lots of cheap gifts ideas that the contributors
to star sign it for her.

Feel free to surf to my webpage owl jewelry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home